In April 2017 I rented a car at the Oakland airport from Payless for one week. I turned the car back in the same way I found it and no damage had happened while in my possession.

Six months later I received a letter from a company representing Payless claiming that the car was damaged 4 days after I turned it in and I owed them $477.00! I made 3 phone calls leaving detailed messages to the person that sent me the letter. He did not return any of my calls. I filed a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office and they responded immediately that they would investigate.

Another 3 months has passed and a few days ago I received a letter fro a collection agency. This time I was able to speak to someone and he sent me photos of the car. Again, these photos were taken days after I had returned the car. Told him I was not paying it as I had not done this damage.

He said he would close the file as I was disputing it and the company could decide what they were going to do. Also received another letter fro Ca. Attorney General stating they were unable to get any response from Payless.

Be careful! Posing this February 6, 2018

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Car Rental.

Reason of review: False claims.

Preferred solution: Close this!.

I didn't like: False charges.

Comments