2.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I rented a "car" from Payless from Friday morning 12/8 - Monday morning 12/11. I had a horrible experience with them and will never rent from them again!

When I got to the RDU counter to pick up my reservation, nobody was there. Eventually, the agent for Avis showed up at her counter in the same rental terminal. She took care of her Avis renters and then came over to help me. She told me that the Payless person didn't show up that morning.

I was issued a Mazda after an hour wait and drove toward my important business meeting in Greensboro. About 20 miles down the road the car started to overheat and just about every warning light on the dash came on indicating major engine failure. I pulled into a gas station parking lot and called the toll free customer service number. I gave them my exact address and asked for another car right away because I had a business appointment that I flew up to attend that was important.

She passed the baton to the station manager, who had not come in to work that day, and he passed the baton to a young lady who was supposed to call me when she was on the way. These calls were repeated several times with no call backs until the lady bringing me the car said she was lost and could not find me. Turns out she went 50 miles north of where I was!! I had to give the address to her and her "manager" and "customer service" several times!!

Finally, 4 hours later after sitting in a cold car (it was snowing and 36 degrees out) the lady showed up with many apologies. I couldn't be mad with her since she was the messenger. The company caused me to lose income by missing my business meeting and has not contacted me once since then to offer apologies or ask how I affected by their "Care Less" approach to car rentals. The car they delivered was much better than the broken down wreck they first issued me.

I was only 20 minutes west of the airport and it took them 4 hours to get a replacement car to me even though I had stressed that I could not be late or miss the business appointment I had that day.

AWFUL EXPERIENCE!! Charles Carter 239-322-0696 chuck517@comcast.net

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Mazda Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: 4 hour wait for car replacement, Customer service was minimal and never followed up.

• Rdu Rental Problems