I hired a car in Canada recently from a company near Toronto Airport called Payless, I did this through Travelnow.com

i was quoted an estimated TOTAL cost of $370.00 for 14 days . The actual cost was $1.077.13 , the added extras were tax (which I expected ) and insurance which was massive plus tax on it with a few extras which made no sense to me coming from Britain where you pay the original price quoted.

There was a charge of over $300 because they had to shuttle people to and from the airport and had to pay the airport for this priviledge

PLEASE AVOID HIRING A CAR AT THIS AIRPORT OR FROM THIS COMPANY AS YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Car Rental.

Comments

We had the exact same horrible experience when we rented from this place. First of all we had to call a shuttle van to Pearson Airport to pick us up. We arrived at what appeared to be an old 7-Eleven convenience store. That should have been our first clue that this place was shady.We made reservations over the internet through Travelocity via Yahoo Travel. We were supposed to pay $215 for 7 days.

Upon checkout we were told we owed $685. Because we were trying to get to the airport w/3 small children and get through customs in a reasonable time we couldn't dispute the charges right then. By the way, they made us late for the plane and we missed our flight back to US because the driver was not there. That's a whole nother story.

During the initial rental process they told us we couldn't use our own insurance from the US. We later found out this was a lie. They charged us An add'l $40/day w/taxes, insurance, and miscellaneous fees.

They are shysters! Do NOT rent from Payless in Mississauga (Toronto).

Redfox, Kentucky, United States #212764

Simillar situation happened for me while I rent by web it was 136 $/4days but they charged me 376$ explaing several unknown TAXES even Tire depreciation !!

No one should rent from this cheating company.

Well said Christine

The very same thing happened to us ( same Airport same company and also through Travelnow - who were very unhelpful when we told them how grossly overcharged we had been).

It gave us such a shock at the end of our holiday , as you say here in Britain you pay the original price quoted not three times as much ( what a *** )

It is good of you to warn others, this website is fantastic .

Kind regards