Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Update by user Aug 19

On Sunday August 18, 2019 around 7:00pm I made a reservation online for a car rental at Payless Car Rental DTW. I arrived approx.

9pm-9:30pm to pick up compact car rental of Nissan Versa or similar. Agent appeared to be agitated complaining about the Flash Flooding that occurred earlier and many cars were in the flooded lot. She stated the Nissan Versa was not available and offered a Kia Sol and I explained to agent I am very uncomfortable with accepting that type of vehicle to rent. I have anxiety issues and that type of car is not a good fit for me.

The agent offered an upgrade of a Jetta but wanted to charge me more. I stated I did not feel that was appropriate and then she offered a Hyundai Accent and stated once she retrieve the car out of the flooded water and have it clean I could rent that vehicle but she did not know how long I would have to wait to receive the vehicle. I did not feel comfortable renting a vehicle that has been sitting in flooded water and I went to another Car Rental and ended up paying three times the care rental cost because I did not have a reservation.

I would appreciate an appropriate solution to this issue. Thank you

Original review posted by user Aug 18

Agent very rude and agitated in assisting with rental because she had to retrieve cars out of a flood lot

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments