2.7

I rented a car on 2/18/16 from Oakland Payless (It is located outside I guess they don't the the $ for a desk inside) I rented with the help of Southwest when I booked my travel (First Mistake) I had to wait at least 35 minutes to get my car. It was basically clean and no problems, but when I returned the counter (again) was very busy and no one being attended to in any kind of timely manner. The young lady at the counter took my keys and said please give me the information (i.e. Mileage and Gas) which I had already so I gave it to her.

When I returned home, I realized that I didn't have my overnight bag. I looked through everything (I didn't take much with me) and I called my hotel. No one found anything. I attempted to contact the Payless @ Oakland at 510-638-1000. An automated voice gives you different choices and "Press #5 for Lost and Found". Excellent, I'm not the only one who left something in their car. I waited for 15-20 minutes with the phone ringing and then I was hung up upon.

I tried back (I though I had left my medication in there) I was concerned. Finally after the entire weekend of trying to get someone, I got in touch with someone on Monday afternoon who indicated that there was a black Calvin Klein overnight bag found, but they apparently "didn't write down the car they found it in." Since it didn't have medication in it, they said it wasn't mine. During the weekend, I did find my medication that I conveniently left in another item (but did it really matter??) Yes, to them it wasn't mine. I asked to take a photo and send it to me and I'll let them know if it is or isn't mine. I DON'T want someone else's dirty brush etc.,

Anyway, today is Thursday and I have been trying on a regular basis to speak to SOMEONE to no avail. Finally, I was able to get in touch with someone who said I needed to call the Lost and Found counter and gave me a number that was the number to BUDGET rent a car in Oakland.

Needless to say, now I'm fuming. I finally get in touch with someone and they say, "Not my Job." and hand me off to a competitor? I don't know who hires at Payless, but they are definitely NOT the smartest rocks in the shed.

I will NEVER work with them again unless they are the ONLY company left. Then maybe I'll take public transportation

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Car Rental.

I didn't like: No one was available ever to be of service to me.

Comments