I live in the area and booked online for a trip the night before leaving. When I arrived, there was a line, and an employee stated the reason for the long wait was that the computers went down, which I did not believe.

When I got to the counter, they asked for my reservation number (why is this needed if there is no system running). He then stated that as a local renter, I needed to show proof of residency with a recent bill. Who brings utility bills with them to rent a car? Anyway, I was able to use my phone to find a storage bill in my email.

They said it was no good because it doesn't match my license address. Hello, I'm in the process of moving! They refused to rent a car to me, and when I asked for a supervisor, I was told that they would only repeat what I was already told. I insisted, so the person went in the back for a moment, and returned claiming that this person was not available.

I left and my wife called customer service from the car. The person said a refund would be issued within the next few days and I would receive an email confirmation. The email I received was just a note of my statement and they had a "corporate customer service" person say I cancelled less than 48 hours before rental and forfeit the entire amount.

I went back and forth with her a few times stating how they refused to provide a product/service and I did not cancel, but got nowhere. If this is how they treat people, they will be out of business soon no matter how low the price is.

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Car Rental Booking.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Reimbursement for missed time from work and extra costs to get same service elsewhere..

Comments