Update by user Aug 01, 2017

Payless Rental Car Company was located at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2017

I reserved my rental online through Expedia on July 10, 2017, declining any additional insurance. I had called AMEX prior to the rental and they informed me to use their credit card and decline the damage insurance as they would provide insurance for me.

Also, my own personal policy has the Unowned Vehicle add on giving me all the liability insurance I needed. BTW, I am familiar with the rental car process as I was in the Collision Repair Business for 20 years and often assisted Hertz and Enterprise with our mutual customers in filling out their rental contracts. At the rental counter, a seemingly nice girl assisted me in the rental, saying don't worry we will take care of you... Meanwhile, she brought out a paper contract and had be initial in three places.

I asked her, I am declining insurance right? I asked her if she needed to see my insurance card, said no. She was so nice, I gave her a ten dollar tip as she folded my copy of the contract, put it into their pamphlet holder and handed it to me. I never looked at the paperwork, I trusted her!!!

Not an excuse, but during my drive to the airport to drop off the rental, I became ill with appendicitis and barely made my flight home. It was after my surgery, I reviewed the final paperwork and realized they added the Roadside Safety Protection for 47.92 and Supplemental Liability Insurance for $93.52 I had contacted Payless using their local number and for three days they said there system was being upgraded and they were unable to answer any questions. They lead me to their website to file a claim. Of course they responded saying that I agreed to the additions through their electronic key pad which I do not remember using.

But more importantly I was very clear to the counter representative that insurance was not needed. I have contacted AMEX and in the process of disputing the over charges. I have contacted Expedia making them aware that they are representing a company with a BBB F rating and they should think about representing A rated companies on our behalf.

I have responded back to Payless Car Rentals with a rebuttal, I am sure it will fall on death ears. They are crooked and rely on shady practices to initiate a signed contract in which they hide behind as there defense!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Car Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Unethical hidden charges.

I didn't like: Unethical practices, Fraudulent business practices.

Comments