Las Vegas, Nevada
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Update by user Aug 25, 2016

I have also noted that on my final receipt from the return person, that I have been charged more than what I was quoted for this so called LOSS OF USE insurance.

Update by user Aug 25, 2016

Here is the e-mail I got......

Dear Mr. Cox,

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concern involving coverage.

When renting a vehicle with Payless, you have the option to accept or decline coverage. Coverage is authorized by the renter, and that decision is noted on the rental agreement when the guest signs for the coverage. Once a rental agreement has been completed and services have been rendered we are unable to make any changes or issue refunds.

Thank you again for renting with Payless and we hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your rental needs in the future.

Cynthia

Payless Customer Care

Update by user Aug 25, 2016

I finally have a reply from Payless. They said I signed the contract and there will be NO refund. Well as I said I now know why their name is plastered all over the internet with BAD reviews.

Update by user Aug 24, 2016

I e-mailed the CEO of Payless, Avis, Budget! Anyone think I will get an answer?

Original review posted by user Aug 24, 2016

I am covered in New Hampshire for Loss of Use. The agent at Las Vegas Payless Car Rental told me I was wrong and talked me into taking this extra insurance.

It cost me over $150.00 extra above what I had paid ahead of time for the rental on the internet. In total I have paid $200.00 more than what it should have cost me. They are thieves, and deceitful in their business practices. Too late I have found MANY instances of this in bad reviews about them on the internet.

I have called twice, opened a help ticket on their web site, and still have no answer yet. The start of our vacation was ruined because of them.

I am surprised there has not been any investigation into their business. Also I have noticed they are part of Avis and Budget which shocks me!

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Jeep Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Payless Car Rental Pros: Original rate.

Payless Car Rental Cons: Pushy additional charge tactics, Huge price jump, Rude employees.

• dishonest agent
  • Unfair Tatics
  • very slow complaint follow up

Comments

arty
#1203074

I am not surprised that there are MANY bad reviews here on Pissed Consumer about Payless. What a reputation for fraudulent charges and terrible customer service they have!

I know what it feels like to have a vacation ruined because of Payless and am sorry to find so many other people have had their vacations ruined also. Shame on you Payless and shame on your CEO for letting these instances happen and not do anything to resolve these complaints!