100% full Not resolved

I selected Payless because it was going to cost me $30 less than Enterprise at the Tampa Airport in January 2016.It took me AN HOUR AND A HALF to finally get waited on with only 2 people ahead of me!

I had booked the reservation through Hotwire.com and their receipt shows it was supposed to be $123. At the counter, I waived/declined all optional services such as insurance and roadside assistance. The clerk had me initial that I waived everything. When I returned the car, again,it took several minutes to get someone to wait on me.

Once they did, they were clueless and kept bringing other staff over to look at the computer while checking in the car. All of them shrugged their shoulders - the clerk wouldn't tell me what the problem was. The shuttle was leaving so he handed me a piece of paper and I headed for the airport. A few days later, my credit card statement showed FOUR charges totalling over $400!!.

I had my credit card company reverse all the charges until Payless could explain what was the true amount due. None of the 4 charges was near the $123 cost I had agreed to. Payless opened a ticket on their service desk. I explained everything and also pointed out that the charge they slipped through did not say "Roadside Service" and the way I read the contract, I had declined ALL optionals.

I told them I specifically waived the RSP additional service and the clerk had me initial it on the contract. Payless declined to reverse the RSP amount. We have gone round and round and now they "ruled" that I was not due reimbursement. Now they have sent me a new bill for the amount of Roadside Service Protection (as it had been reversed from my credit card when it was in dispute).The Payless desk clerk was specifically told and knew that I waived all optional charges.

I have several car rental agreements from other companies that would prove I never pay for anything optional. When I returned the car, Payless staff couldn't explain anything. I was not even in a position to fight the charge because the Payless office staff couldn't figure out what I owed. So they advised me to call corporate once I got back home.

2 days later I checked my credit card statement - There were 4 random charges totalling about $400!! It's obvious Tampa staff didn't know what they were doing and that the staff is not very well trained and makes lots of errors. In light of the major confusion of their clerks and Payless' inability to explain to me what was due, in addition to my pattern of NEVER buying optional items, I requested the "error" be righted and that the charge be reversed. Payless refused to reimburse me for the $42.03 and to escalate the matter.

Payless staff made several obvious mistakes (ie. look at my Chase credit card statement!), but yet they are holding me to a charge for a service I did not request and, in fact, declined! If you check ConsumerAffairs.com, YELP.com, my3cents.com, BBB(of which they are NOT a member) and TripAdvisor.com you will see numerous complaints and it becomes clear that Payless is notorious for overcharging people for services they didn't want.

They should change their name to "Paymore".AVOID PAYLESS CAR RENTAL - whatever the "apparent" savings is, it's not worth the horrendous experience even if you miraculously are not overcharged as most people are!!!

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $42. jessdewet is overall dissatisfied with Payless Car Rental and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about payless car rental car rental at Payless Car Rental was customer service, billing errors and refund policy Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Payless Car Rental.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Payless Car Rental to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Payless Car Rental?

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1195345

Agree, they managed to overcharge me more than $150.00'on a weeks rental.A bunch of shisters run that company.

I should have checked user comments prior to renting.Will never use them again.

As anticipated, Payless never had the collection agency send me a letter closing out the "unpaid debt". Now it is 2 months later and I'm getting collection agency calls trying to get me to pay the balance!!!!! DO NOT EVER USE PAYLESS CAR RENTAL

Payless admitted making mistake and reversed the overcharge of $42.They were to have the collection agency send me a letter closing out the "unpaid debt".

No letter has come and I received a letter from Payless giving me 5 days to pay before it goes to collection!...another miscommunication that will take more of my time and energy to fix!