Orlando, Florida
1.6

Like most everyone else posting reviews on this Payless branch in Orlando, I will never ever rent from this company again. I booked through rentalcars.com

Also, like many others I regret not reading the reviews prior to renting from these people.

I can sympathize with the people who commented that the cars were junk and a total lack of customer service.

• The car I rented had a lot of door dings and scratches. I was so concerned I took pictures. Then I inspected the interior. The inside was fairly clean. The back of the passenger seat had a 10 inch rip across the back. I noted all of this on the damage sheet. Still the car met my needs.

• Here is the BEWARE part. I declined the Highway Toll Administration toll road coverage. I was only going to use the toll road once for a short stretch. I did not think the $2.95/day mandatory charge was worth it for a $1.00 toll. When I got to the toll booth it required exact change and there was no attendant. I did not have the exact change so I had to proceed without paying. I got an Insufficient Funds Notice from another toll booth and was told just send in the $1.00 dollar and I would be OK. Sounded pretty easy.

I was finally able to get a live person at the Payless Orlando office and they told me that they had a contract with the Expressway Authority and that I could not pay the toll myself. Payless has outsourced the payment of tolls to Highway Toll Administration a company, sounded offshore, to me. They said that it was company policy that even if you use the toll service ONCE you would be charged $2.95/day for the whole time you rent the car. So , just because I did not have the $1.00 exact change I am stuck paying $15.75. A better car company with good customer service might have mentioned you need exact change upon entering the FIRST toll road on ramp.

• Just in case you are now thinking Payless might not be a good deal read about the guys who support them.

• Highway Toll Administration Unfair Toll Practices to Rental Car Customers

Product or Service Mentioned: Payless Car Rental Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Payless Car Rental Cons: Concept to cheat people, Poor vehicles, Terrible customer service.

Comments