I always decline all car rental insurance because I'm covered by my own auto insurance company AND my credit card company. The clerk presented with a contract that required me to initial in 5 or 6 spots to decline all the extra insurance offered by Payless. I initialled all the spots circled on the contract. When I compared the final price to the online quote I noticed the amount was $119 not $94 as quoted for a 3 day rental. I asked why and was told the quote was only an estimate and there was nothing added to the quote. I planned to complain to Kyak on my return about their quote which was more than 20% lower than the contract Payless presented to me.

The reason the final price was higher was not just price variances but the final initialled box on the list of insurance declines was actually a box which ADDED roadside assistance. This is a devious practice meant to catch customers who don't read the contract before signing it. You place your trust in a clerk who makes more money than his/her salary by up selling add-ons to the rental contract. There is a significant incentive designed by the company to cheat customers by misleading them.

READ EVERYTHING!!

This person wrote the review because of "deceptive practice" of rental car insurance from Payless Car Rental. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $23 and wants Payless Car Rental to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Payless Car Rental for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Payless Car Rental?

Comments

Yes!I've gone through this with enterprise last summer 2016.

The clerk took me to a dark garage and the car. She knew my stance on add-ons and I explained I was only budgeted for the quoted amount online. She circled some boxes and assured me all coverage would be declined. She tricked me into initialing to purchase roadside assistance.

There was also damage to the car I did not notice in the dark garage.

I return the car and she wants to charge my card for damage.Thrifty is the same way but I am wise to their ways now through experience.

Same happened to me. I discussed it with them over the phone but they said I initialed it so my loss. If there is a class-action lawsuit, I'm in.

I had this exact situation happen to me. They refuse to change their policy so I will never use their service again. I intend on contacting HotWire and advise them of the situation and if they don't assist I will never use them again as well.