Columbus, Ohio

While visiting Zion National Park last week Of Sept.2014, my husband and I rented a car from your facility in Vegas.

Related: Don't Use Payless Car Rental - they will just RIP YOU OFF!!!

When we reached Zion, I noticed that the dash light was on that indicated low air in the tires. I went to a gas station/tire center and was shown that both front tires were all but bald from wear. Considering that we were traveling in the mountains, and with the tire center's suggestion, we called your customer service. We were told that we had to purchase the tires, bring the bald tires back to Vegas, and then we would "most probably" be reimbursed.

I would not accept the idea that I should pay for replacing worn out tires on a rental car, so I began calling various departments in the Payless company. Two days later, I still was told that Payless would not pay for the tires. We had now lost two days of travel time because I was afraid to travel the mountain roads on the unsafe tires. Finally, after speaking to numerous people, it was suggested that I bring the car back to the Vegas airport and I would be issued a new car.

I refused to do this, since it would mean loosing a third day (of my 5 day vacation), since Vegas is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Zion (6 hrs. round trip). It was not until I threatened to take the car to the Utah State Police for a safety inspection that a new car was delivered to us, arriving after midnight on our last night. Executives of Payless - your company should be ashamed!!!!

I will never use your company again.Hope many people read this before renting from you.

Review about: Car Rental Service.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Payless Car Rental?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.