While visiting Zion National Park last week Of Sept.2014, my husband and I rented a car from your facility in Vegas.
When we reached Zion, I noticed that the dash light was on that indicated low air in the tires. I went to a gas station/tire center and was shown that both front tires were all but bald from wear. Considering that we were traveling in the mountains, and with the tire center's suggestion, we called your customer service. We were told that we had to purchase the tires, bring the bald tires back to Vegas, and then we would "most probably" be reimbursed.
I would not accept the idea that I should pay for replacing worn out tires on a rental car, so I began calling various departments in the Payless company. Two days later, I still was told that Payless would not pay for the tires. We had now lost two days of travel time because I was afraid to travel the mountain roads on the unsafe tires. Finally, after speaking to numerous people, it was suggested that I bring the car back to the Vegas airport and I would be issued a new car.
I refused to do this, since it would mean loosing a third day (of my 5 day vacation), since Vegas is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Zion (6 hrs. round trip). It was not until I threatened to take the car to the Utah State Police for a safety inspection that a new car was delivered to us, arriving after midnight on our last night. Executives of Payless - your company should be ashamed!!!!
I will never use your company again.Hope many people read this before renting from you.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Car Rental Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have never in my life dealt with such an UNPROFESSIONAL company that had NO REGARD for the Safety of their Customers. I rented a Cruise America Truck for 21..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF..."
- "I made an order ....they took my money and I have no clothes and no way of contacting customer service because the number given isn't a working number. Trying to..."
- "Where is it?I started eating my sandwich and noticed that I could neither taste nor see the "avocado spread". I looked closely and opened up my sandwich and then..."
- "I purchased this from Value City Furniture in Columbus Ohio. This is what it looks like just 3 years later. Was told I was purchasing genuine leather. ..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."