While visiting Zion National Park last week Of Sept.2014, my husband and I rented a car from your facility in Vegas.
When we reached Zion, I noticed that the dash light was on that indicated low air in the tires. I went to a gas station/tire center and was shown that both front tires were all but bald from wear. Considering that we were traveling in the mountains, and with the tire center's suggestion, we called your customer service. We were told that we had to purchase the tires, bring the bald tires back to Vegas, and then we would "most probably" be reimbursed.
I would not accept the idea that I should pay for replacing worn out tires on a rental car, so I began calling various departments in the Payless company. Two days later, I still was told that Payless would not pay for the tires. We had now lost two days of travel time because I was afraid to travel the mountain roads on the unsafe tires. Finally, after speaking to numerous people, it was suggested that I bring the car back to the Vegas airport and I would be issued a new car.
I refused to do this, since it would mean loosing a third day (of my 5 day vacation), since Vegas is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Zion (6 hrs. round trip). It was not until I threatened to take the car to the Utah State Police for a safety inspection that a new car was delivered to us, arriving after midnight on our last night. Executives of Payless - your company should be ashamed!!!!
I will never use your company again.Hope many people read this before renting from you.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Car Rental Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Sign up for the class action lawsuit!!! WE need to put this company out of business or make them change their business practices. http://payless-car-rental.pissedconsumer.com/it-s-time-for-a-class-action-lawsuit-20150101576924.html Run don't walk away from this..."
- "I selected Payless because it was going to cost me $30 less than Enterprise at the Tampa Airport in January 2016. It took me AN HOUR AND A HALF to..."
- "Please find enclosed details of my recent experience with Europcar in Manchester. I am launching a claim against the company today in the Small Claims Court but I believe there..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Horrible quality furniture. Within the first 2 months, we had to use the warranty to have the arm rests repaired on the Cameron series couch and snuggler. They use cardboard..."
- "They are very deceptive people. I received a letter about a Loan Rehabilitation Program. They letter from Dave Finney, the so-called "Collection Manager" estimated my payment to be..."